Did Seth suggest that Jane quit smoking, and why?

Jane’s idea of a small amount was different…ron

2 Likes

It was pretty obvious that smoking was not effecting Jane’s voice, When she would sing Sumari she could hit notes that were amazing.And of course Jane did not believe that smoking had any negative effects on her lungs.

6 Likes

Seth did encourage Jane to stop smoking according to the Early Sessions. I think the reasoning wasn’t so much about smoking and its effects per se but more about the beliefs that led someone to smoke compulsively and how those ideas in themselves weren’t healthy. Is that the case with all smoking? We need quotes!

5 Likes

Seth never demanded of Jane. He wanted a brandy and cigar but Jane said no.

He never said not to drink any type of alcohol.

Seth said smoking is a “dirty habit”, and so it is, and that she would be healthier without it. When she died her lungs were in good condition because of her beliefs, though. Seth said her beliefs about being a writer–the romantic smoking writer, pushing forward with work through cold coffee and cigarettes and a host of other personal reasons, no doubt–were too strongly connected for her to overcome.

4 Likes

I think it was Seth Material or Seth Speaks in which Seth relates a connection with Jane smoking to an ‘earlier’/another life in which she drowned as a child and a need to breath deeply which was related to that and other things, as well. He said she would overcome it, though; I never realized he prodded Jane about smoking so many times. I have wondered what Seth has had to say about these environmental damages to the physical organism, habits and diet, belief or not. [As a smoker, I cannot help but acknowledge shortness of breath, cancer or not. However…I have moved largely to vaping, which is resulting in “happy/at peace” feelings regarding concerns and noticed physical ramifications.] I suppose I want to know what Seth would say about spending an extended period, without personal knowledge, in a radioactive area. Wouldn’t this affect the human body, ‘per se’?

2 Likes

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Where is the line drawn between manifestations of belief and accepted root assumptions?

wasn’t she into wine?

yes, he preferred sherry or something and cigar!

Lynda, my L"i"nda went to the “vape” store, which are popping up like mushrooms, LOL, and was faced with 300 flavored juices, was simply overwhelmed. Nothing equaled her Pall Mall “Red” NON-filtered which she’s smoked since her teen years–a REAL cig in her opine. According to Laurel Davies-Butts, Jane smoked the same brand unfiltered Pall Mall. Apparently Jane also wanted to taste her cig, LOL…smoking has not hurt Linda one iota…being a Sethian…just so ya know…ron ( who never smoked)

1 Like

We are now off-topic of this thread but as asides:

No, not sherry; brandy.

Re: vaping: Both chemicals used as inhalant are toxic to at least 1 in 10 causing respiratory irritation. No-one had ever inhaled such large amounts of these before. Both chemicals have been used in asthma inhalers but people vaping get daily doses 1,000 times higher than before. I reacted to such and could not sing for weeks as well as having itchy pimples all over my body for weeks.

Also, the flavours used, which are hundreds of chemicals, have never been introduced into the body with the lungs before. Great caution should be exercises, here, IMO.

I mention those in correction and warning. If anyone wants to continue chatting, I suggest the creation of another thread topic rather than careering this one off in some direction entirely unrelated to the Jane, Seth and smoking cessation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Linda agreed, vaping was no valid substitute, so she resumed her “real” cigs…ron

An unfortunate experience to be sure, and valid points.

I don’t smoke (electronic or otherwise) but the harm reduction section of the e-cigarette Wikipedia article at least points to this journal article, which I fully admit I haven’t read other than skimming the conclusion. It seems to say while certainly not proven safe, it does seem to be safer than tobacco. (I’m going to add: at least safer than tobacco in excessive quantity.)

I however agree that a moderate amount of a natural substance would be preferable. When it comes to a serious addiction though I’m comfortable seeing a friend of mine vape regularly than smoke 1-2 packs a day… at least it’s easier on my ears not hearing him coughing all the time anymore. [I’m proudly self-interested, lol.]

(I can always split topics later. Vaping as a quitting aid actually seems on-topic enough for me though. I try to split topics conservatively, I wouldn’t want either to become too shallow.)

3 Likes

I’ve recently studied the harm element a lot. Someone would be better smoking some tobacco than vaping, instead. Propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are the two inhalants used but when used with vaping, the daily dose is 1,000 what an asthma inhaler user, which has the same ingredients, would take into the body.

PG is cytotoxic. The skin is an organ of elimination, hence the 1 in 10 problem of total body rash. It still is affecting internal cells even though a skin reaction is not manifested.

Also, with vaping, flavours are now added (for the first time ever). No-one INHALED flavours before, taking these into the body through the lungs.

The information regarding real risk is only found in crevices on the net. Big money to be made and real concerns are not getting much traction as of yet, alas.

1 Like

I have no need to debate the topic and feel others opinions and findings are as appropriate as my own. Any ideas I ‘adopt’ are usually first intensely researched, dissected and personally experienced. But no one would know this if they do not know me. I was not an early adopter of vaping, and I can only say that I it works for me and I have experienced positive results on many levels. Not attempting to convert anyone. Just sharing. :smile:

2 Likes

Same old, same old, it’s all about the $$$$$$$$, same old, same old…

it’s wine whenever I look Ü
see what I’ve come across today:
(9:48. Pausing in trance, Jane poured herself some wine)
sess.911, DEaVF II

1 Like

What are you trying to insinuate.

Did I miss something?..ron

1 Like

Not sure. I can’t tell if Lawrence is aware that you were replying to anon38262219 or not.
The reply arrow indicator can take a bit to spot. Maybe Lawrence thought you were posting a non-sequitor?

Oops, my error. Lawrence was replying to this, Ron:

If you click on the reply arrow from Lawrence’s post it takes you to specifically what he responding to. :slight_smile:

The post confused me, also. Maybe it refers to a post that happened 20 posts earlier. If someone is going to be part of discussion, it would vastly help if it were made clear as to what the person is referring especially if they are taking umbrage.