Excerpts on "What to do?"

I felt inspired from Fans of the Seth Material (Jane Roberts) | Facebook to gather a few quotes about not knowing what to do. :stuck_out_tongue: Or being pulled this way and that.
Actually I’ve the recollection that there are much more relevant excerpts, but these are the ones that came up in a literal search.

Many people in a quandary of indecision write to Ruburt. Such a correspondent might lament, for example: “I do not know what to do, or what direction to follow. I think that I could make music my career. I am musically gifted. On the other hand (pause), I feel a leaning toward psychology. I have not attended to my music lately, since I am so confused. Sometimes I think I could be a teacher. In the meantime, I am meditating and hoping that the answer will come.” (Pause.) Such a person is afraid to trust any one impulse enough to act upon it. All remain equally probable activities. Meditation must be followed by action — and true meditation is action (underlined). Such people are afraid of making decisions, because they are afraid of their own impulses — and some of them can use meditation to dull their impulses, and actually prevent constructive action.

NoME Chapter 8: Session 860, June 13, 1979

(To Mary M.): I have one message for our friend over here, however, and it is quite simple. When you do not know what to do, relax and tell yourself that other portions of yourself do know; they will take over. Give yourself some rest. Remind yourself that in many ways you are a very successful person as you are. Success does not necessarily involve great intellect or great position or great wealth; it has to do with inner integrity. Remember that.

S Appendix: ESP Class Session: Tuesday, January 12, 1971

“On Friday, October 23, 1981, I received the following message from Seth: ‘Attend to what is directly before you. You have no responsibility to save the world or find the solutions to all problems—but to attend to your particular personal corner of the universe. As each person does that, the world saves itself.’

DEaVF1 A Poem and Commentary by Jane Roberts

Because you do not understand that your thoughts create illness you will continue to undergo it, however, and new symptoms will appear. You will again return to the doctor. When you are in the process of changing beliefs — when you are beginning to realize that your thoughts and feelings cause illness — then for a while you may not know what to do.

In the larger context you realize that the doctor can at best give you temporary relief, yet you may not be completely convinced as yet of your own ability to change your thoughts; or you may be so cowed by their effectiveness that you are frightened. So there is a period of stress in between beliefs, so to speak, while you dispense with one set and are learning to use another.

But here you become involved with one of the most meaningful aspects of the nature of personal reality, as you test your thoughts against what seems to be. There may be a time before you learn how to change your thoughts effectively, but you are engaged in a basic meaningful endeavor.

NoPR Chapter 3: Session 617, September 25, 1972

1 Like

Thank you so much for this database, Chris. It’s priceless - as are you!

2 Likes

I’ve have and have read DEaVF1 but didn’t remember the quote you posted from it. I love Seth’s wording and what he said. It just makes so much sense and is such a natural way of doing things, and…“the world saves itself.”

I had to share that one on FB. Thanks Chris!

1 Like