Ouija board And experience!?

Has anyone had success with one? I have some not so helpful beliefs about them but only because of what I’ve been told or read throughout my life in regards to them. I’ve been feeling this weird urge to buy one and use it but have not acted upon this nudge just yet. Any experiences anyone wants to share? If you google it I just find a bunch of people saying how they were haunted as a result and none of that bs rings true for me, so maybe some Sethites would have something ‘legitimate’ to share?

2 Likes

Seth basically says most people are not picky when it comes to who they contact, but they should be. Ask for an enlightened / knowledgeable entity and you will be fine. It is not that others would intend to mislead you, rather their own experience is an incomplete picture, and unintentionally misinformative. You can always contact parts of yourself with a Ouija board of course, and many do.

4 Likes

Thanks Chris, that’s exactly the answer I needed! I guess I knew the answer to my own question but haven’t yet got the whole trust thing down pat so I still need a bit of assistance. Thanks :smile:

1 Like

We should try it sometime Sam!

1 Like

My Ouija board arrived and I am being picky but no contact has been made yet. Have you personally used one Chris?

1 Like

Yes but mostly between me and another person and I wasn’t particularly open about it. Mostly because I think she really wanted to talk to “ghosts” because “cooooool!” and I wanted highly intellectual information. We weren’t really in sync. It simply takes time. We got nothing for quite a few sessions, 6 or so? Then we started to get garbled messages. I think if we kept at it they would begin to make sense. After all it’s an adaptation/adjustment for all parties, it’s not like it requires zero effort from their side and instantly works. You can see the trouble even Seth had, skip a letter here or there, get a name slightly wrong and have to correct it, etc.

Another time we tried it as a group and started to get some messages that seemed pretty coherent but I kind of called bullshit on it because I didn’t trust one of the people at all and I think her attitude was that it was just a “fun thing” so I wouldn’t have been surprised if she was entirely fabricating it.

Anyway, all you have to do is be consistent and you will get results. Don’t get frustrated with lack of progress. Try to be consistent so both sides can… prepare. It’s like anything else, a skill you train. Same with intuition and other communication with the inner self / other entities.

3 Likes

Interesting how different bits of information in your brain wont always connect with one another.

For example, I am totally aware of the difficulty Seth had coming through to Jane, or rather the difficult steps it took on his part to come through, and that was with him having fully planned to come through, when Jane was ready for it, and the pre-existing relationship they all shared…and yet…I fully expected to make contact with “something” the first time I used the board by myself. Lol.

All the other times I used the board it was in a group, or at least with one other person, but when I tried it by myself I gave up after 2 sessions with no contact. 2!! Ha!! And I did no prep work. It was just something that would occur to me to try while watching tv. I’d try really hard for like 5 minutes then give up because I was so disappointed.

It occurs to me that I do this a lot with a lot of my efforts in this area. I expect almost immediate results, especially when I’m doing things by myself. Almost like I feel there’s a conflict between the free, spontaneous nature that I feel these things have and the constrictive nature of a schedule. But Jane, Rob and Seth all used a schedule, and now that I think about it Seth even recommended they stick to their schedule to help facilitate better contact and the development of Jane’s abilities. Two bits of information not connected.

3 Likes

You and I are a lot alike. I am working on this with myself as well.

2 Likes

Oh yes that’s like what I am experiencing with my partner, he thinks it’s a joke and doesn’t take it seriously while I legitimately want highly intellectual information. Also I think I could be being too picky as I am
Asking for high vibrational consciousness only but I wouldn’t really want to waste my time of anything less. I will definitely keep trying and my brother is an applier of the Seth material also and I think if I attempt it with him we may get something as we have common interests in that sense. I also keep telling myself that if another consciousness, even if it’s my higher self/subconscious wants to contact me then it will eventually happen. Thanks for your experience Chris, just got to wait now and be consistent in my effort. Also relaxing would help I believe.

2 Likes

I also have these expectations Byron and notice how disappinted I feel when what seems to be zero progress is made. I guess I have to work on beliefs surrounding patience. Thank you for sharing your experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think there is a shortage… you don’t need to settle. There is always your own inner self to contact as well! Ah, you said that. :slight_smile: I agree!

I think it is true that the more “seriously” you take it the better results.

(At least for the type of connection we’re talking about.)

2 Likes

I totally agree! I figure if I do get contact I want it to be with the highest being I can communicate with at this time, definitely do not want to settle! I also noticed that I could easily get a whole group of friends to do it with me and perhaps there may be a more likely chance I make contact but I also know that none of my friends are interested in the type of information I want to receive and also there’s the whole trust thing so I’m quite happy to wait and keep trying with either my brother or myself.

2 Likes

I used the Ouigi board quite often when I could find someone interested. In a group taking turns with different partners we were able to contact an enlightened source. The source came from one member of the group and the results varied according to who partnered with her. I was the best partner but got nothing on my own or with others.
Nothing is not exactly true. We did ok with sticking to yes and no answers plus finding something from Seth about keeping to a light hearted not too serious approach. We used laughter to lighten up.
As far as doing it with non Sethies, my daughters liked using the board to find out about teenage stuff like boyfriends. They definitely picked up some crazies on occasion for example telling one daughter she was going to die in a car accident soon. Some stuff was worse than that.
The pendulum is a good tool for simple yes or no questions. If you wanted more detailed answers you could hold the pendulum over the Ouigi board or create an alphabet with a few most common words thrown in and tell the pendulum what you want from it.
I’m going back many years ago and the groups favorite Seth quote was if you’re not having fun stop what you’re doing. We explored many different new agey ideas and used a book called Mind Games for group meditations and expanding our consciousness. I loved that book which was written by Jean Houston and Robert Masters.
I’m still on the journey and there’s always something to still work on.

3 Likes

How can I use Ouija board alone ? And actually make the thing move ?
Any thoughts if it’s doable when you do it alone

I never used a Ouija board. In Jane Roberts and Rob Butts’ The Early Sessions Book 1, they describe how they experimented in the beginning with Ouija board. That’s the way they contacted Frank Watts, Seth, Malba. Rob comments that each one of them separately was unable to use the Ouija board; they were successful only using it together. They don’t give, as far as I read, any hypothesis for that.

Ouija board, as pendulum, ideomotor signals, and others, are a way of contacting your own subconscious directly, bypassing your conscious. Then, your subconscious can “speak”, or can put you in touch with other intelligent entities.

I use self-hypnosis to contact my subconscious, and through it my inner source of knowledge and guidance, a.k.a. my inner guide.

If you want to use Quija board, pendulum, or other methods, the first step is to get in a light trance state.

That is a very interesting book. Thank you for mentioning it! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have read three important and revolutionary books in the last three years: Yoko Ono’s Grapefruit, Arthur Janov’s Primal Scream, and now Mind Games. I suggest you read and experience them. — John Lennon, 1972

I have used the Ouija board before with mixed results until one day with a friend, we hit the motherload. We made contact with a being that was very chatting, witty, insightful and sarcastic (my kind of ghost!). The planchette just flew around the board, we needed a third person in the room just to call out the letters while yet another wrote then down, then after a page was full, we would have to try and make the words. The words were always there just no spaces in between them so it took a bit to decipher.
This entity also gave us some advice, which was to always ask the visiting entity, “Do you stand in the light.” I at the time thought that was kind of corny but it was making our intention clear as well as the entity that we contacted.
We got information about private events if a person asked for it, reasons for things, intriguing insight into how a chain of events can unfold, how intricate those subtle things we do or say can have far reaching impact on our lives.
All in all, it was an amazing experience. This being even asked us to add punctuation to the board, so it could more clearly express itself. The being also said, if you want to make a more powerful board, with a stronger and clearer connection, you should make the board yourself as your energy and intention would be imbued into the method of contact. We spoke with this being for about a year period before that particular band of folks just kind of all went a different way, moved away, etc. The board seemed to work quickly and the same when any combination of the 4 of us touched the planchette. So, it never seemed like one person was faking or manipulating. I very much believe the experience was real, not faked by anyone. I also would never ouija with anyone who is afraid of demons or evil spirits, that would most likely attract some very strange entities with very strange intents.

2 Likes