Change a past event

I suggested the same thing to the original poster, but she became upset:

Regarding the last part of your message

Surely, it would be nice to see more activity, and to learn from others’ experience. I am looking more for how to learn more myself about how things are, than for how things are seen by others.

It is surprising that people who had direct access to Seth didn’t get clearer knowledge neither about methods, nor about concepts. I believe that to be, because most people can’t put in perspective “our real lives” and this “real time”.

I believe that Seth’s intervention was meant to help our personalities from our whole selves’ perspective, being less concerned with our outer-selves’. He actually advised to get used to think from our whole selves’ perspective.

I’d draw a parallel with our dreaming. I am less concerned with the tribulations of me-as-my-dream-character, and I am much more interested in the symbolical meaning of my dreams, and would much more become lucid in my dream, and merge my dream-me’s outer self, with my awake self. When you do that (become lucid) you can really create your dream’s reality. Probably we can do the same here.

Because if there’s a technique to change a past event then why not use it? That’s what I believe in. If you believe in moving forward, good for you. That is not my belief.

For me, at least on the topic of changing a past event or in some other way altering my linear life connections, I don’t necessarily write down or remember the whole thing and what I did to make a change. I know and can describe in broad terms what to do though.

I do like the notion of personal discussion, though I’d prefer a more intimate manner of communication than putting a lot of personal information online on a publicly viewable forum.

Perfectly put @radams0x.

I think this too, but I also think, with the understanding as @radams0x put it, that really they are both valid, since the real movement is within.

I think you are hitting the nail spot on in regard to their underlying intention. Fortunately such “escapism” energy can be purposefully directed… this technique is a useful outlet for it.

No reason to not do or try anything in regard to flexing ones metaphysical muscles, and practicing any of the techniques Seth presents.

But to put so much emphasis on a past event is saying that it holds some power over you and the only way to remove that power would be to eradicate it from your past. But there would be many ways to remove the influence and power an event/person from the past has on your life.

I think the power of the event or person, would have more to do with the energy between you and the person or event. The energy that attracted that person or event into your life in the first place. Change that energy relationship and it would be as if the person or event never happened, in terms of how it would affect you today. Remove that energy and it would not affect your future as you would no longer be attracting it to you.

We have all attracted things into our lives we regret and would like to change. But without knowing why we did that, how would we ever stop that interaction and attraction?

We take ourselves with us, everywhere we go; past, present or future.

The ultimate point of power for me, is in the understanding of the energy surrounding any given event, and the part I played in attracting it into my life, in the first place.

Do you not feel that the Seth material has given clear information about methods and concepts or am I not understanding what you are saying? Or are you saying that you notice posts that are from people that don’t seem to get the meaning of the Seth material?

As for most people, even people that find themselves attracted to Seth, I think it is difficult to break the physical barrier, to go beyond what one can feel, taste, smell or experience with the outer senses, not to mention to think for themselves and not just follow standard issue protecal as was handed down by society, and religion and begin to see and trust as real experience, what is non-physical.

Or maybe most people just have not had enough other worldly experiences to put Seth’s information into any kind of context they can grasp??? It is possible that weird stuff just doesn’t happen in their lives, stuff that would cause someone to begin to question reality.

You’re certainly entitled to believe that. I personally want to change my past for my own conscience and some users have been kind enough to clarify what exactly Seth means by his technique. You can literally change the past, it would be choosing a probable past. Creating your own past is creating reality in a way. So in my own way, I am moving forward by changing the past.

I certainly get the meaning of the Seth concept. And it is a very intriguing one for sure. I hope you post back upon your success, it will be interesting to hear what came from it.
I know myself, I have been hunting down probably reality experiences, and how they cross over into this current reality of mine. LIke glitches in the Matrix sort of experiences. Some very interesting mind expansion there.