Any one else read all the seth books?

Here bloody here. Perfect description of an awesome mindset :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve read so far:

• All the originally published Seth books
  • The Early Sessions
  • The Personal Sessions
  • The Early Class Sessions
  • Jane’s books (Adventures in Consciousness, Psychic Politics, God of Jane)
  • Sue Wakins’ Conversations with Seth vol. 1 and 2
  • The world view books (William James, Paul Cezanne and Rembrandt)
  • Speaking of Jane Roberts by Sue Watkins
  • Seth, Dreams and Projections of Consciousness
  • Oversoul 7 Trilogy

Not sure if that counts as all, as I haven’t read:

Jane’s original book How to Develop Your ESP Power
Jane’s poetry books
Emir’s Education in the Proper Use of Magical Powers

I would also really like to see the unpublished sessions held at Yale to be published some day. There’s probably enough for a book or two there.

As you can see, if you’re just starting to read the material there’s plenty to keep you going :slight_smile:

1 Like

So iv read all of seths own books, twice so far (because they are that kind of book, one read just doesn’t seem enough to assimilate the material), and will again no doubt. Iv read the oversoul7 books, and will again shortly. I’m on book 2 of the personal sessions but will be taking a break to check out a book that is fairly regularly mentioned therein (psycho cybernetics, quite the classic apparently, unheard of by me before the personal sessions). I began Jane’s original book on how to develop your esp but I really did not find it at all to my tastes so quickly let it be. Only book 1 of the early sessions so far, maybe I’ll pick that trail up again later.

I read this a few years before any of the Seth books, it’s a bit dated in its language and references but the concepts are excellent. It’s like a like a gentle introduction to what Seth expands on greatly.

Good, I’m glad to hear that. There’s nothing quite like going back to basics :wink: especially with three children to sort out and keep me very very present :blush: I shall enjoy it I believe. My gut says so anyway. Its interesting, as the years go on I see more and more clearly the paths that all the different learnings I have delved into have provided for me, and the links between them all too. It’s a beautiful thing, the human journey. Scary and bewildering at times, but no less beautiful for it.

If you’re interested in more Seth-related reading, you can also check out:

• An Experiment with Time by JW Dunne - they reference this in the Early Sessions and Seth compares with his concepts

• The Road to Elmira by Rich Kendall, one of the class members

• Bridging Science & Sprit and The Hidden Domain by Norman Friedman - contrasting Seth’s ideas with science including quantum physics. It’s a proper attempt to do this with some difficult physics in there, not like the more wishy-wishy Deepak Chopra style of book.

• Lynda Dahl’s books on Living in a Safe Universe - I’m not a particular fan of this as I feel like they overcomplicate things that don’t need to be, but I know some find them helpful.

The journey is endless really, reading the Seth material can increase your curiosity for learning of all kinds.

2 Likes

Oooh, a veritable treasure trove of possibilities!!! I thank you. I particularly interested in the quantum physics seth comparisons. The first non main stream book I ever read in terms of the beginning of changing my atheist of reality was the tao of physics 12 years ago. Part of me wishes I had discovered seth back then and part of me realises it would have done no good and I wouldn’t have had a clue of what he was speaking. A place for everything and everything in its place and all that :blush:. Again, thank you for the list, I know I’ll find it useful and hope others reading this can too.

Those who embrace the material open-mindedly find their proofs; and proofs that are not dependent upon others’ approval, opinions, or research or experts for that matter, but strong proof in that the nature of their reality changed. They understood themselves better. They have experiences they didn’t have before, and their mental, psychological and spiritual worlds expand. External proofs and validations will only ever take you further away from that which you seek = self knowledge. Know thyself.

As long as such external proofs or validations are sought, the material or nothing else will help you, and you will continue to find yourself at similar states or conditions of being you are all too familiar with … which is without strong subjective proof of your own, without the full ability to travel inward, and the doorways to inner knowledge closed, until you receive the kind of proof that you are after…

Which again, you aren’t even aware is self-knowledge, because it seems you haven’t yet made the connection or recognition that it is instead what you are seeking. Which only makes it that much more frustrating, i know. I was lost in the same manner before the age of between around 28 to 30 (i’m 37 now shrugs)

Stop overthinking everything for one. Overused intellectual abilities & blocked or deadened intuitions only take you that much farther away from that which you seek. Trust the spontaneous nature and aspects of your being. Stop looking for or expecting validation you are only cheating yourself out of by looking for it in external sources. Validate yourself. It’s easier said than done, i know. So find your own value then. Value isn’t something you have to earn or can lose. It’s something you have simply because you exist. Find what’s in the way of you recognizing it.

Don’t put conditions on your existence, like requiring a meaningful relationship with a significant other before you can be happy. No one has a right to put conditions on their own existence or happiness. Oh sure, you can do it anyway (and we all do @ some point!) But see how it works out for you. Spoiler: It doesn’t

Stop ignoring the inner reality that is all important and closing your mind to inner validity that alone will give you the kind of meaning in your life you seek. Your proofs & validation will come from the inside and not from skepticism or external sources period, including me, Seth & anyone else

Yes. I have the entire collection and have been studying since '03 or '04. On book 4 of the Personal Sessions now. They are the only ones I have yet to read.

I found the personal sessions hard going. I felt sad for them, they never did learn fully to trust their own beings during Jane’s lifetime. I get the sense from the way he writes later that Rob did. But who can really tell what’s going on in the inner world of others. Shrug. Welcome to the forum!

I agree. I think they do serve to help us understand how someone who had Seth’s knowledge so close could still be using old beliefs, etc. It puts it more into perspective for me.

Same here. Its the old addage of you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. It sometimes seems as if people doubt the material just because Jane found it hard to apply in that one lifetime. To be honest, for me, that fact made it all the more potent. The crux of his message is simple but by no means easy to apply. At least initially.

1 Like

I read them all when I was about 12 years old maybe 13. I also delved into Edgar Cayce and Emmanuel Swedenborg. I am now 58 years old. Seth’s teachings give me hope.

1 Like

To read all of them at 13 is quite impressive. I can’t imagine how you followed Seth’s teachings, the concepts, …

I tried a Seth book when much older, and couldn’t get through it.

I came back to Seth recently, after I had various altered states of consciousness experiences. Now I read / peruse some of Seth material mostly for confirmation of directly acquired knowledge. Much of it fits, and some of it makes sense in a different way than accepted and disseminated by other readers of Seth.

Seth said that he offered his material to be used for individual evolvement, more than to inform us what there is, as both Jane / Rob and the readers / class attendees distorted part of his messages due to their beliefs.

What kind of hope do you get from reading Seth?

You wrote such a lovely explication of what I’ve spent part of a morning telling myself! Thanks. :smile:

The hope that life is not meaningless, is the short answer.

1 Like

Lol, that’s funny because I don’t remember writing it, but as I read it again I know I’m even deeper into that place of total acceptance that all truths are valid than I’ve ever been. Thank you for replying to this and letting me reexperience that knowing consciously :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Best kind of hope that there is. You must have been a highly intelligent teenager with a deep thirst for meaning. I found mine at the bottom of a bottle (or a bag of speed, or weed, or whatever I could get really). Doesn’t take long till that path leads one off the edge of a cliff. Luckily for me I snapped too just before that. Seth, Alan Watts and then later others helped me to find MY way home by leaving me sign posts of that hope of which you were speaking. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

My first was The Nature of Personal Reality: A Seth Book. 1978 first read it.

My life was then tweaked here and there with the suggestions and there was immediately a change for the better. When all had seemed lost, I was free.

Then I found these:

Seth Speaks
Seth Material
How to Develop your ESP Powers
Oversoul Seven x 2
The Unknown Reality x 2
Emir’s Education in the Proper Use of Magical Powers
Sue Watkins conversations w Seth x 2
Dreams Evolution & Value Fulfilment x 2
The God of Jane
The Nature of the Psyche
Adventures in Consciousness
The Individual and Mass Events: A Seth Book
Seth, Dreams & the Projection of Consciousness
The Way Toward Health
Adventures in Consciousness : An Introduction to Aspect Psychology
The Early Sessions x1
Dialogues with the Soul & the Immortal Self in Time
If We Live Again or Public Love: Poetry
A Seth Reader

Currently rereading the Individual & Mass Events : A Seth Book

I still have many more to read I started in 1978 43 years ago. Sigh…

Wonderful, Shasa, I started in 1974, of course I’m 76 now…ron.

1 Like