Corona Virus 2019

This is interesting, watching this play out. Seth talks about how global events are a result of global emotional issues. That if we could back up and connect the dots we would see a direct correlation between our feelings/emotions/beliefs and any event physically that has played itself out.

Personally, the deaths from COVID19 don’t seem to me as intense as many other events and even illness related deaths. But people are really getting their knickers in a twist over this one.

1 Like

I believe that all these scares, climate change, viruses, … are situations manifested by the thought-forms generated by humnas’ thoughts. Until the nature of those thoughts change for the better, we’ll see one crisis after another, be it apparently natural disaster, or man-made.

1 Like

I agree that we are creating this global panic situation. Seems people are getting the opportunity to express their fear and in a very melodramatic way.

I was thinking more in terms of Seth concepts: our thoughts create reality. So, I was saying that humanity’s thoughts brought this reality upon us. Panic is a sure thing to amplify the crisis, and again, not in the generally accepted terms, but in terms of our negative thoughts (fear, anger, hate, …), and more negative thoughts, that create / exacerbate the negative reality. One could say that the coronavirus illness spreads through media and the internet, by weakening the individual’s resistance to getting ill.

Inavalan,
Sometimes it seems like everything is a test, not sure we, as a global group, are passing the covid 19 test very well right now.

But if this were just a dream, how would we wake up and analyse it? Does it bring us closer together? Does it aid us in focusing on something besides war and pettiness? Has it altered our view of each other or our neighbors? Things like this must matter, or else, why would we create them?

1 Like

Firstly, I believe that nobody tests us, nor gives us problems to solve for our growth. There are no contracts. Nothing is per-determined, we have free will.

Each one of us creates his awake-reality in the same way we create our dream-realities, excepting that this reality is a co-creation, while dreams are individually created.

Most of us don’t have control on what reality we create, as we don’t have control on what dreams we create.

If in our dreams our random thoughts and emotions drive the scenarios, the awake-reality scenarios are driven by the resultant of all the thoughts and emotions, of all the participants in this reality. We just react to what comes our way, both while dreaming and while awake.

Being closer together isn’t a goal, being nice to each other isn’t a goal. Those may become consequences of our ability to control reality creation.

If this crisis were a dream, and this is like a dream for our inner-selves, probably the symbolic message would be (is) that we don’t control reality creation, and have to learn to do that.

How? I believe that we have to give ourselves two post-hypnotic like suggestions. One is that when something we don’t like happens, to recognize it and intend for that to change into, be replaced with, something we like.

Secondly to become lucid (not to wake up, as that is equivalent to death) and take control of reality creation.

This crisis in itself has no other special symbolism.

1 Like

I believe that we test ourselves with different situations and circumstances and for a myriad of reasons: some of which are just plain old personal growth, perception and insight.

I have experimented with Lucid Dreaming and had some good success with it and mostly just found it to be a lot of fun as I really enjoy flying and as soon as I realize I am dreaming, I pretty much just take off as I love soaring through the night sky. I was part of a metaphysical talk group once and we managed to all meet up once, but then again, as soon as everyone was there, I took off into the sky. The interesting thing is we all remember it and in the same way.

As far as nightmares go, probably the last time I had one was when I was a kid, not that just because I don’t remember them these days, doesn’t mean I don’t have them.

I think one of the most interesting lucid dreams was I found myself in this old England village and was standing at a river. I constructed a stone bridge to cross it and then thought, how fun it would be to build a house on the stone bridge and watched if form the way I imagined it to be. That was interesting. Also interesting is talking to people in dream time who also realize they too are in dream time.

I am pretty happy with what I have created in my life (I am an older person) so did all the big stuff I wanted to do back in the day. I was lucky to discover the Seth Material when I was in my 20’s so it really played a big role in my life.

I feel like I have peeled more than a few layers of the metaphysical onion back, but let’s face it, that onion is endless.

Thanks. Very interesting.

This is remarkable:

Blockquote:
I was part of a metaphysical talk group once and we managed to all meet up once, but then again, as soon as everyone was there, I took off into the sky. The interesting thing is we all remember it and in the same way.

I have been in three different Seth talk groups over the years, where we meet up once a week. And very interesting things would happen. I think it has to do with a group of people getting together who are willing to allow themselves to believe in things other than what we are typically taught growing up, in terms of what is possible and what is not possible.
Jane and Roberts regularly met Seth group would have many such experiences where the members would meet up in dream time and work stuff out or go on adventures.
I guess when I read that, I thought, ‘what one person can do, so can another’ and allowed my views of reality to include more plastic or abstract beliefs.
I mean, at the end of the day the only thing that limits us is what we believe to be possible.

It is really big in the global psyche as I believe we are more connected via the internet than ever before but perversely, less connected physically and spiritually than ever.
Man from nature, men from women, science from religion
This is my own prejudiced perception, self made and actualized.
We create our own reality, all of it.
I sometimes feel alone, but I am not alone.

It is also never seemed more available to stop and reflect on our own thinking, position in life , even to express it, regardless if it is appropriate as to how that is manifest.
Humans often tow the line regarding their behavior until they feel scared (not fearful) or cornered, then react.
That works every time, moves energy fast, explosive even.
It IS messy and can be dangerous BUT you usually are inspired to action not yet taken. And it is global encompasses the planet, in some way, shape or form.
Good, bad, wanted or not but one thing is for sure, it will be different than before, period!

Remember any symbolism is and as your own.
It may very well concur with others, but it is still your own.
We are the director, producer and the writer as well as the actor.
As and editor as well, there is a lot I don’t like right now, but the feeling is so much work has been achieved that I want to see the credits at the end encase I reject a master piece.

Hi Chriss,
Very interesting points you are making.
And yes, we can only act based on our perception of what is going on around us at any time.
I caught some comments that Abraham was making regarding the current global events (from a Youtube video yesterday) and my take away, was that we are using this mass event as contrast to create something new.
I personally feel very removed from any mass panic, and feel kinda detached. Although I am very aware of the fear that is out there around the virus – I think it is the fear of death and dying that has everyones knickers in a twist.

Hi Chriss,
When I think about this Pandemic, as a situation that effects only myself, as if it were a personal dream I was having and analyzing, it takes on a very different tone.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that this pandemic has forced the happening or non-happening of a number of events or activities that general populations in different locations* seemed to want yet not get e.g.

• reduced migration and tourism;
  • tighter borders;
  • lower pollution;
  • less ‘busywork’;
  • more awareness and criticism of China’s political practices, including the manipulation and surveillance of ordinary Chinese people;
  • more respect for essential work and workers;
  • more consideration of repatriation of work to bolster local economies and reduce reliance on Chinese manufacturing in particular;
  • more willingness to consider major changes to health and unemployment insurance or support (depending on current norms in a given nation);
  • more sense of community (i.e. knowing the neighbours);
  • lower commercial activity in less essential areas, leading to greater awareness of what we require, minimally, for a good life;
  • more awareness of the politically expedient use of power in times of crisis, for good or for ill.

*I’m mainly aware of so-called First World perspectives, especially in the English-speaking nations.

1 Like

All true. The energy around this situation does seem pretty literal. Also, then, interesting is that all the very sick and old are dying. I wonder if we, as a group, are also commenting on old age and ill health (all those underlying health issues that are leading to death in combination with the virus). Also, seems the cause is from Live Meat Markets in combination with intensive, large over crowded domesticated animal farms. So it would seem that vegan movement plays a role in this as well.

I just finished The Magical Approach. In it Seth encourages Jane to focus on her successes and her positive moods to better facilitate her healing. I want to be sensitive to the grief of loved ones of the nearly 100,000 people who have lost their lives in our own country alone feel. I know that grief is an expression of love. And I know nothing is ever lost in Love. So there are some real positive aspects of the virus, many already mentioned. Focusing on that, perhaps, will allow us to learn what this experience has for us to learn. Taking Seth’s advice, we can focus and embrace more fully those positive outcomes.

Surely everybody has the right to their opinions, but I have to state my strong disagreement with your:

So there are some real positive aspects of the virus

There is nothing positive about this crisis!

I can’t but assume that it wasn’t your intention, but statements like yours are an offense to the memory of those who died, to their families, and to all those that suffered, suffer, and will continue to suffer because of this.

This is a tragedy!

Taking Seth’s advice, we can focus and embrace more fully those positive outcomes

There is no Seth’s advice as you stated. His advice was to be joyful, to not accept suffering. There are no outcomes brought on you. You create your reality. Always! You do it to yourself. Nobody does it to you!

This kind of crises are the result of defectuous mass thinking, when people succumb to fear, anger, and accept less than their natural right to happiness. You accepted the reality you experience.

Well, one positive thing about this virus, it seems to have presented everyone with an opportunity to rethink a great many things and in a much more deep and profound way. How we treat each other, how important family and community are, universal health care for all, perhaps treating animals with more respect and dignity, taking better care of one’s own health, and the impermanence of life and how precious it is.
I have lost many loved ones over the many years of my life and it always brings heartache. I get that all life is impermanent, that we are all just a whisper on the wind. But I am sure Seth would have some interesting things to say about this Covid-19 virus and why, we have brought this upon ourselves.

“The experience had meaning on many levels…but any accident—and this applies to each of you—is no accident,” Seth continued. “Your good health or your poor health is no accident. All of this has meaning to you.

Our friend did not happen to walk through a plate-glass window. It was no cosmic or particular accident in which he was involved.

“If you cut your finger, it is no accident. If you stub your toe, it is no accident. If you come down with the flu, or with a virus, it is no accident. If you have a chronic physical difficulty, it is no accident. If you are creative, it is no accident. If you get good news, it is no accident. If lovely things happen to you, it is no accident.

“You form your reality. And this applies all the way down the scale—from your consciousness that you think of, to the tiniest molecule in Lauren’s eye!”

On immunity

“The viruses and infections were of course present. They always are. They are themselves fragments, struggling small fragments without intention of harm. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆, 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁, 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀. Ideally you can inhabit a plane with them without fear. It is only when you give tacit agreement that harm is inflicted upon you by these fragments.” -Seth, Early Sessions, Vol 1

"Give us a moment … In those terms, thoughts move far quicker of course than viruses. The action of the virus follows the thought. Each thought is registered biologically. Basically (underlined), when you have an immunity to a disease you have a mental immunity.

You think of viruses as evil, spreading perhaps from country to country, to “invade” scores of physical mechanisms. Now thoughts are “contagious.” You have a natural immunity against all thoughts that do not fit in with your own purposes and beliefs, and naturally (pause, groping), you are “inoculated” with a wholesome trust and belief in your own thoughts above others. The old ideas of voodooism recognized some of these concepts, but complicated and distorted them with fears of evil, psychic invasion, psychic killing, and so forth. You cannot divide, say, mental and physical health, nor can you divide a person’s philosophy from his bodily condition."

—NoME Chapter 6: Session 841, March 14, 1979

“The patient, therefore, often feels relatively powerless and at the mercy of any stray virus that might come along. The facts are that you choose even the kind of illness that you have according to the nature of your beliefs. You are immune from ill health as long as you believe that you are.”

—NoPR Chapter 5: Session 624, October 30, 1972

“small fragments without intention of harm. You have general immunity, believe it or not, to all such viruses and infections. Ideally you can inhabit a plane with them without fear. It is only when you give tacit agreement that harm is inflicted upon you by these fragments. To some degree, lesser, dependent lives such as household pets are dependent upon your psychic strength. They have their own, it is true, but unknowingly you reinforce their energy and health.”

—TES1 Session 17 January 20, 1964