Seth: Personal Advice to Rob/Jane on Money

It is amazing how Seth, with kindness and patience, tries to convince Joseph to change his thoughts and attitude for his own good, in spite of Joseph’s almost childish reluctance … Like a true friend!

Seth: Personal Advice to Rob/Jane on Money

Seth, Book 8 of The Early Sessions, Session 404
APRIL 8, 1968 9 PM MONDAY

Seth: Do you want me to tell you how to better your financial circumstances, or do you want to learn the hard way?

("No. Tell me. " )

You have been told but you have not taken the information seriously because you were not ready, as earlier Ruburt was not ready to. First of all, all negative attitudes must be removed from your consciousness. You are attracting further financial problems in your desperation. You are focusing upon poverty rather than wealth.

It may seem to you highly impractical, unrealistic and downright foolish to ignore the physical circumstances of debts and expenses. To focus upon them, I tell you, is to bring more upon yourself. The rule of expectation applies.

When you receive a bill do not automatically react as you have, instead as if you were contemplating a new painting. Form in your mind the image of a check to that amount. See yourself celebrating as you pay the final amount on your car. See in your mind’s eye a surplus of money in your folder when the month’s expenses are paid.

Now your financial situation will not change no matter how you push yourself, unless you apply such simple exercises. You do not do this naturally, is which is why they are required. You must indeed think consciously in terms of plenty rather than of want. On several occasions Ruburt has followed these and your wants have been fulfilled.

You have been fighting him in this regard, and this has impeded the efforts he has lately been making. Now these exercises will prove themselves out in practical terms, but you must give them the opportunity to prove themselves.

Your subjective life has been somewhat permeated by thoughts of want and literally poverty, untilyou have indeed exaggerated your own situation. The exaggerated situation could come to pass however if you persist in projecting those images outward.

They would not help you get a raise but act to the contrary, and they have done so in the past. I am giving you advice in very practical terms. What you do with it is up to you. But you have severely limited yourself in this respect.

In the past Ruburt helped you generate such negative ideas, but he has been making an attempt to combat them. His own experience has proven to him that I was right in other regards. As long as you believe that others are taking advantage of you, they will do so. The origin is in yourself, and this is what you have not so far understood.

(“I think I have been aware of that.”)

The origin is not in others. For fifteen minutes a day agree to suspend critical judgment, and following the Maltz method imagine yourself vividly in the position you would like to be. The rest of the time consciously make an effort to control your attitude when you find yourself thinking in terms of want or poverty.

Then switch your thoughts to ideas of plenty. This need not involve hypocrisy, indeed must not. You must feel that this is legitimate and practical, because the thoughts of plenty will automatically begin to attract plenty.

This is sufficient. There should not be an overemphasis (underlined) on material possessions or security however.

Now this program if faithfully followed will bring results. It will initiate intuitive concepts, ideas in your work which will automatically attract others to possess them. It will initiate other actions that will result in financial betterment.

(for the whole session follow the link: sethabequotes.blogspot.com/2009/05/seths-personal-advice-to-robjane-on.html))

3 Likes

To me this says a lot about the Butts couple’s ability of creating a reality as per their conscious desires.

It all seems to be about stepping out of a negative belief, much like one would step out of an old pair of shoes that are full of holes and no longer serving their purpose.

I have manipulated my financial circumstances many times, but then again, I, for whatever reason, have no fear or pain around the subject of money. To manipulate anything, seems to me, one needs to be feeling joyful and playful. It is like you have to muster up the feelings of bliss.

Example: I was in what most people would call a really bad divorce and my ex was refusing to go by the rule of the law and was not cooperating and hiding funds etc. I took up a suggestion from another similar to Seth teaching, an Abraham teaching which basically goes: one does not need to focus on the topic that is causing pain or stress to change it. One only needs to stop the feelings of pain or stress of said topic. So, change the conversation that plays over and over in your mind that is frustrating and painful. Stay in a state of bliss for a month and you will see amazing changes in every part of your life.

So I did this, I stopped thinking about the divorce or my ex and anytime I found myself going to that topic, I replaced it with thoughts and an image of something that evoked pure joy and love, the image or memory of me holding my son when he was just a baby and rocking him to sleep in my arms. And after awhile it was easy and I just began to feel myself in a state of bliss.

It didn’t take long to do this, but after about a month, my ex husband contacts me and says he is ready to cooperate. My mind was blown, this stuff really works.

So, that was a valuable lesson in how we can get in our own way with negative emotions and the power of feeling joy, peace and love to bring about a desired result.

Focusing on negativity of any kind just seems to bring more of that into one’s life. Focusing on positivity of any kind, just seems to bring more of that into one’s life.

3 Likes