Understanding simultaneous time

Man that’s a good example!

2 Likes

The CONCEPT of time has been a hard one for all of us I’m sure. After 30 + years ,of reading. Even Seth himself many times. would us the term (time) as a reference point, with no other course to are understanding. So I understand and describe time as this, INTENSITY : Time flys, time drags,long time , short time. The coolest thing about time is that it can be bent and it is CAN BE CHANGED because it does not exist, it is a mere concept~

2 Likes

Hello All -
Here is a visceral experience that I related to simultaneous time. Go to a drive thru car wash. Chose the kind where the car is stationary and the brushes and sprays move past you. Stare through the windshield also being aware of the motion in your peripheral vision. Now think about the simultaneous NOW moment of creation…I don’t know it made something ‘click’ for me, but I am a visual person. It is fun anyway, and I have a very clean car!

• In the spirit of play -
5 Likes

Hi Liza !

• playing with time - Not a bad concept at all ! Obviously we re all doing it (when thinking it all over again).
    Thank you very much, as I am looking though as many of the “old” emails as possible nowadays…
    You are all very good with the questions & answers indeed and I am appreciating all of it !
2 Likes

I like this and have used it as well; a few very simple but powerful ways to build on and open up this approach:

Imagine that all the frames of the 35mm film have been laid out on a surface together, like a mosaic. Now, instead of seeing one frame at a time, you can walk up and pick and choose move back and forth; be sure to imaging that some of the frames are future (such as from an un-released film), not just present and past. Don’t assume that the past ones are all top left and the future bottom right; its a mosaic, they can be arranged in any way.

Now imagine that instead of looking for the typical, “what happens in the story, or cause and effect”, imagine instead that you want to look through the frames to pick out certain scenes from other points of view, such as emotional or imaginative associations. For example, you want to look for just all the love scenes, or all the adventure scenes. Then, even doing that, imagine you are looking not for love scenes in the sequence they appeared in the movie, but rather in the order of intensity, which ones were the most intense or passionate.

Now imagine you have made a larger mosaic, but not from just one movie, but from many movies that several of the same actors have made together. Then imagine the associations such in the previous paragraph again, but this time, for example, with an eye towards how the character and flavor of the scenes, such as the love scenes or adventure scenes, change as the actors assume different roles.

Another technique I have been using lately:

In my mind I have been building a massive park, composed of all the parks I have ever been to in my life. This is particularly powerful for me because I have moved around a lot, and also had dogs for over twenty years, so have visited a lot of parks. The key, though, is that again I don’t arrange the parks sequentially, as though strolling on a path a park I knew 20 years ago would come before one I visited 10 years ago. I imaging them merging in a more mixed way, so I might round a hill of a park I know now, and just around the bend is a childhood schoolyard, and after that is another park from many years later; I try also to imagine some future parks I have never been to.

I also build on and imagine this together with Seth’s psy-time ‘stage’ technique. When trying to relax and let my mind drift to psychological time, I imagine that as I close my eyes, the current activities of my day were like scenes from a play or movie. The film has ended and now I am in a quiet, dark theater; however, I imagine that the theater is in a tent, and that outside is my massive park of all parks, and in the park there happens to be going on a huge film festival, so that there are other such theater tents as you stroll all across the park. The films in the other tents can be scenes from not only different times of my life, but also other lives, past present and future. I can easily stroll across the park to any, in any order. Now imagine seeming random images, thoughts, emotions, or impulses that may pop into your head as information from the playbill or park map, guiding you to where across the park you might want to stroll to next.

3 Likes

Fantastic ideas to try. I have never tried to used such constructions to create a sensation of simultaneous time, rather I have simply blended past experiences with my present time. However the future has always been a problem; it holds no reality for me. I will play with some of your marvelous and well explained ideas. Just wonderful! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi All,

Seth: “Understand the individuals themselves between lives choose the time of their own birth, adopting ahead of time those characteristics that they feel will best aid their development, and challenge their abilities.”
(TES’s - Book 9, Session 471) and…

“There is no time schedule, and yet it is very unusual for an individual to wait for anything over three centuries between lives…”
(SS, Session 541)

A question that keeps popping up in my mind is: How can there be “in between lives” stages if all lives are simultaneous, …? What I mean is, if all lives occur simultaneously, then technically there couldn’t be “room” for in between stages, nor would there be a necessity for such stages.

On the other hand I do see the necessity in terms of recovering after a a difficult life, and based on the previous life choosing a new life. There needs to be room to evaluate and choose in between two lives, but where stays the simultaneous element?
Does anyone have an explanation, because I am not able to picture this in my mind

Best regards,
Katja

Just finished the first two. Funny because I felt I was living something out with Will and Jeffery during their courting with suicide and depression. A lot of ‘old’ feelings came up. Interesting because iv read all three of the books before but didn’t experience them in quite the same way. Talk about multidimensional :joy:

Many questions arise from our difficulty of understanding " simultaneous time ".

From non-physical (which is formless) you can project (focus your awareness) anywhere into the physical space and time . Once you (a single personality of your multi-personality entity) projected, you joined this reality with all its laws and rules observed by all the other participants (co-creators, personalities).

“Simultaneous” is a little bit of misnomer … The idea is that any change that happens in any point of the timeline, instantaneously propagates through the whole timeline, and everybody experiences the new reality with no conscious recollection of any change.

There are parallel universes in the sense that our dreams and thoughts create dream selves and probable selves that function inside their “thinned down” universes, for the duration of their scope, but that doesn’t mean that there are other universes in the sense that there are “other yous” that live independent lives. There aren’t. There is only one conscious you . When you die, your personality joins your multi-personality entity.

You can’t meet your future self, as you can’t meet your inner-self, nor your dream selves, nor probable selves, but you can project (your awareness) into a probable future self to check the effect of choices you might want to make now.

You can’t foresee the future . But you can create it the way you want it to be (you can’t foresee the lottery numbers, but you can create a future in which you are a lottery winner).

For that matter you aren’t aware that your past (as well as humanity’s past) changes all the time .

When one has to take time in order to explain non-time, that, for example, time is carved from non-time, and in non-time, all possible realities exist simultaneously, the meaning falls off the edge of words. – ron

The world is a stage and we are the actors, and between the acts (lifetimes) we go out into the lobby ( afterlife) for refreshments…of thinking out new plays for the next scene. – ron

Now, Seth’s time is not your time. – ron

It sounds clever … :slightly_smiling_face:

“Perception isn’t reality” (you may remember Mercedes’ ad). The Sun “appears” to revolve around the Earth … (?)

What you perceive, you interpret…ron

I thought you’re a Seth sympathizer … You perceive what you created, don’t you? You create your reality. Thought comes first, reality follows.

1 Like

In physical, no action is really simultaneous, there is time
There is something resembling time in non-physical too

"On your plane no action is really simultaneous and so time instantly enters in ."
—TES1 Session 14 January 8, 1964

" While I am not affected by time on your plane I am affected by something resembling time on my plane . Time has no meaning without barriers. To put it another way, time has no meaning without the necessity to counteract against other actions."

“The study of time will teach you much about fifth dimension also . Our imaginary wires composed of solidified vitality are fluid, I hope you understand this, even while they are solidified. For solidity is only illusion.”

"The motion of the apparently solidified vitality gives the illusion of time . The counteraction involved in this case is counteraction within the core of vitality itself, in much the same manner that we spoke of a closed mental enclosure, multiplying and setting up motion within itself.

The action and counteraction is the time trigger . To you this will be almost unbelievable, but on some other planes motion is simultaneous and time unknown. To me time can be manipulated , used at leisure and examined. To me your time is a vehicle, one of the several vehicles by which I can enter your awareness. It is therefore still a reality of some kind to me . Otherwise I could not utilize it in any manner whatsoever."

1 Like

This is an old conversation but I may have something to contribute to the idea of simultaneous time. I have been living in simultaneous time since I read Be Here Now by Baba Ram Dass long ago.

It is disarmingly simple to conceive though:

• The past is remembered

• The future is imagined

We are conscious creators only in the here & now.
    Since we re-create our physical reality every microsecond, by definition, there can only be a Now.
    It was always Now. We are, literally, still in the first instant of the Big Bang .
    If we are still seized with our materialistic view of reality the concept becomes unintelligible.
    When we break through into sub & super conscious we can begin to understand All That Is. We can reside in simul time as a continuum.
    And yet again, by definition, we are also occupy simultaneous space.

All the paradoxes fall away once we are able to apprehend linear time & simultaneous time at once.
    It becomes a stereophonic view as opposed to mono.

1 Like