Actionable Seth reminders

Primarily from taking careful highlights of The Nature of Personal Reality, and then labeling a subset of those highlights as instructional, and going over those, I put together this list.

I find these habits immensely valuable minute-by-minute of every day. The essence of them are short enough for you to write on a piece of paper and tape somewhere highly visible (like your fridge).

Click the arrows!

1. The only way anything occurs.

To stay motivated to do a 5-10 minute conscious creation exercise every day, remember this (emphasis mine):

Altering the state of the psyche automatically alters the physical circumstances.
    There is no other valid way of changing physical events.
    —NoPR Chapter 1: Session 613, September 11, 1972
    session:613 no other valid way - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

[Y]our energy, translated into feelings, thoughts and emotions, causes all experience. There are no exceptions.
    —NoPR Chapter 2: Session 614, September 13, 1972
    session:614 no exceptions - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

2. Act, even feebly, on your meditation.

Use all of your energy and attention. Then forget about it. Do not check to see how well it is working. Simply make sure that in that period your intentions are clear. Then in one way or another, according to your own individual situation, make one physical gesture or act that is in line with your belief or desire. Behave physically, then, at least once a day in a way that shows that you have faith in what you are doing. The act can be a very simple one. If you are lonely and feel unwanted, it can merely involve your smiling at someone else. If you are poor, it can involve such a simple thing as buying an item you want that costs two cents more than the one you would usually buy — acting on the faith, even that feebly, that the two cents will somehow be given you or come into your experience; but acting as if you had more than you do.
    —NoPR Chapter 15: Session 657, April 18, 1973
    session:657 gesture - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

3. Changing beliefs: "It is not necessarily true, even though I believe it."

Opening your mind to merely the possibility that it may not be factual is the first step, and an utterly effortless one.

[A]ny idea you accept as truth is a belief that you hold. You must, then, take the next step and say, “It is not necessarily true, even though I believe it.”
    session:614 not necessarily true - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

There are various ways of altering the belief by substituting its opposite. […] At the same time you consciously assure yourself that the unsatisfactory belief is an idea about reality and not an aspect of reality itself.
    —NoPR Chapter 4: Session 619, October 9, 1972
    session:619 not reality itself - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

4. Existing expectations.

What you expect will work, will work, because you expect it to.
    Ask yourself what you think will be successful, and recognize this as really the most important factor, not something external. Use your current beliefs while striving for better ones.

[I]f you are in poor health, and have a physician […] Utilize the belief in physicians since you have it.
    —NoPR Chapter 16: Session 659, April 25, 1973
    session:659 utilize belief - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

5. Valid as feelings, not necessarily facts.

This realization will give you tremendous immediate relief.

[Y]ou must accept the validity of your feelings while realizing that they are about certain issues or conditions, and are not necessarily factual statements of your reality. “I feel that I am a poor mother,” or, “I feel that I am a failure.” These are emotional statements and should be accepted as such. You are to understand, however, that while the feelings have their own integrity as emotions, they may not be statements of fact. You might be an excellent mother while feeling that you are very inadequate. You may be most successful in reaching your goals while still thinking yourself a failure.
    —NoPR Chapter 11: Session 644, February 28, 1973
    session:644 feelings - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

6. Not problems: Challenges.

A simple distinction with serious benefit.

If Ruburt would regard his problems as challenges then he would get much better results.
    —NoPR Chapter 1: Session 610, June 7, 1972
    session:610 regard problems challenges - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

7. Lost? Follow your bliss.

Sometimes I’m at a loss for what to do next…

And whenever these classes are not fun, do not come to them! And whenever you are doing something yourselves that is not fun, stop it!
    […]
    Creativity and the joy of the gods does not involve responsibility-in your terms, now,” Seth said. “Being knows its own actions, and when you are yourself, you fulfill any responsibility that any god or man could lay upon you from the outside. (CWS Vol. 2)

No matter what your current situation, the answers lie within your own aspirations and abilities.
    —NoPR Chapter 19: Session 669, June 11, 1973
    session:669 answers aspirations abilities - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

As given to Jane personally,

On Friday, October 23, 1981, I received the following message from Seth: ‘Attend to what is directly before you. You have no responsibility to save the world or find the solutions to all problems—but to attend to your particular personal corner of the universe. As each person does that, the world saves itself.’
    —DEaVF1 A Poem and Commentary by Jane Roberts
    world saves itself - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

Approve of yourself.
    "approve of yourself" - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

8. Suggestion.

A tool easily used.

You can indeed depend upon seemingly unconscious portions of yourself.
    "indeed depend upon" - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

9. Belief. Emotion. Imagination.

You generate the emotion opposite the one that arises from the belief you want to change, and you turn your imagination in the opposite direction from the one dictated by the belief.
    —NoPR Chapter 4: Session 619, October 9, 1972
    belief emotion imagination - “Seth material” search engine (Jane Roberts)

(After taping it to your fridge, check out knowledge I find particularly helpful.)

New: When you want to achieve something start with the facts that seem to be blocking you and convince yourself that those “facts” are false. (I will fold this in there somewhere, or use it to bring additional clarity.)

14 Likes

Excellent! Your Fridge List and Particularly Useful Knowledge really pair up nicely together. I copied it and will put it to use. Thanks, Chris!

1 Like

Great reminders, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I needed a “Seth boost” today.

1 Like

Thanks for posting .

Hey all I made this post much more concise, and I changed it to have a collapse/expand format. I also added a bit about “existing expectations” which is extremely important.

Dear Chris, but how do we.change the state of psyche?