Welcome! Purpose of Seth Talks

This is a publicly visible forum for fans of the Seth material as dictated by Jane Roberts and transcribed by Robert F. Butts, and for constructive discourse on the ideas presented therein.

Facebook has our largest community

Head over to Fans of the Seth Material for thriving discussion.

Seth Talks is our most discoverable community

Every post here will appear in search engines, making it even more public and visible than Facebook will ever be.

Although Seth Talks participation is small in comparison to Fans, we receive constant traffic from readers who would have never found us otherwise.

If Facebook isnā€™t your thing, and you donā€™t mind our smaller numbers, stick around. Maybe one day weā€™ll eclipse Fans. Since I manage both, perhaps some technology driven cross-over is possible.

General differences

Features
Many. The forum will guide you as you go, but hereā€™s a list.

Anonymity
You are welcome to go by your first, full, or a nickname. Your forum profile will not link to your Facebook, Twitter, or similar, regardless of how you login.

Participation
Less, but the prominence of search encourages centralized conversation, unlike Facebook where the same topic is often repeated with no reference to its predecessors.

Length
Facebook is geared toward a long initial post followed by shorter comments that quickly become lost. Here itā€™s not uncommon for a reply to be longer than the initial post, and itā€™s easy to quote multiple people (select their text) for improved readability.

Ownership
Our content falls under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license. Facebook owns all content posted to it.

History

In early 2008 I created the Fans of the Seth Material Facebook group, setting it ā€œPublicā€ from the beginning.

In 2014, growth and management of the group became difficult due to Facebookā€™s lack of adequate tools, so I created Seth Talks, which is ripe with features.

In 2015 Facebook drastically improved their tools, and the driving force for migration vanished. Now they occupy separate but important purposes.

6 Likes

Thank you for creating this site.

4 Likes

Goodmorning, I am Aad from Rotterdam the Netherlands. A small country between England and Germany. Since 1983 i read the Seth books. In 2001, an american friend, pointed me at Abraham/Hicks. And since then my life improoved very much. I know how to get what i want. I am looking forward to your writings and our interactions. I want to thank chris for this beautiful website, and it would be nice he provide a bankaccount so we can donate some money. With kindly regards Aad

4 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

Thatā€™s very generous! But your interest and participation is enough. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gads, Half my posts here get kicked back, must be doing something wrongā€¦ron

hoi Aad (& hi everyone)
for me, it was the Seth Books that improved my outlook on life. between reading my first SethBook (Seth Speaks) & all the others, lies about a quarter of a century; now, I find it difficult to put Sethā€™s words into practice as my face is always stuck in a SethBook ā€¦ other than that, Iā€™ve been reading about dreams, NDEs, ā€œafterlivesā€ etc.
I would very much like to better my knowledge of your language, Aad. helaas spreek ik niet goed nederlands (which bugs me a bit) so: could you, by any chance, recommend to me a book or two on the stated (or related) subjects, originally written op nederlands?
I happen to have incarnated & grown up in a country next to yours, & not read many books on our subjects written in my native toungue; there is just one that I can think of right now, it is written by a Swiss reader of Seth Books. in case you might want to read it:
"TrƤume Erinnern -
eine Anleitung zu bewussterem TrƤumen"
by Christoph Gassmann
Iā€™ve done some reading here in ST but almost no writing, so I hope Iā€™ll be contributing more as time unfolds. anyway, Iā€™m glad to be here & to meet you all! such fun to see conscious creators from all around the globe.

2 Likes

Hoi Thula I do have Seth speaks in dutch online. Because i am a criminial i can sent you the link in a private post. I do own 9 dutch Sethbooks in dutch which i am willing to put online too. I do own 1 Abraham/Hicks books in dutch. But beware they are not writers as Seth. They are literal, Speakers. I did study german for 2 years on the Mittelschule but it is hard for me to read in German (I always switch Ich liebe and Ich mochte )

1 Like

dankjewel, Aad, for your kind offer.

my point is:
I like to read in the language a book was first written in, as well as improve my language skills. so, no SethBooks in Dutch for me, thank you very much.
Iā€™ve sent you an email anyway (:
hard for you to read German? hard for me to speak Dutch! I can read Dutch but need to read lots more to come up with anything at all when trying to actually speak Dutch; so ā€¦ must pick up a book thatā€™s worth reading (:
in case there are any more Dutch Sethies around:
today, I asked Lot on fb about Dutch books too; she mentioned a couple, & has written one herself! by the title:
ā€˜Beelden in je hoofd. Een handleiding voor beelddenkers.ā€™
(Uitgeverij AnkhHermes)
ā€¦ Iā€™ll definitely read it.

I was thinking, Chris ā€¦ this group appears to be quite isolated in cyberspace, since as far as I know, no one will find it except those who are members of Fans of Seth on Facebook - I tried a google search on the words: Seth Jane Roberts, and Seth group - and it doesnā€™t come upā€¦

Is it listed somewhere else, like groups on Yahoo are?

1 Like

Indeed itā€™s not likely to come up in a search since all the Google bot sees is a short description and option to register. I do find that to be, well, a problem. I would like to open it up, nothing is forcing us to use our full names here after all ā€“ unlike Facebook. But itā€™s a community issue. Iā€™m not sure everyone really understands that to be ā€œfoundā€ also requires being ā€œopenā€ to some extent. :wink:

Weā€™re on the same wavelength though, I just started approving folks to join Fans of the Seth Material again.

1 Like

Well - I have posted in open Yahoo groups for years, using my real name as well, so I didnā€™t think that was a ā€˜drawbackā€™ ā€¦ if this group is meant to be a ā€˜closedā€™ group, as such, then not being able to find it serves that purpose. Otherwise I would change the name to Seth Talks Group, since anyone on google looking for a group would put that word into the search engine.

:-)))

I didnā€™t purchase sethtalks.com so nobody could find it. :wink: But Iā€™m also going to urge the folks to open up gradually. :relaxed: One of the reasons folks wanted a place away from Facebook was because the Facebook group was public. But this is different since they at least have the freedom of hiding their real name and their friends not seeing all of their posts.

2 Likes

ooh, yes ā€“ I forgot about that issue - :-))) (the public/friends seeing their posts thing)

Okay ā€“ its your group, Chris, you are in charge. I am open to either closed or open group. :sunny:

1 Like

Hi! I followed the link provided in the Facebook Seth group and thought this might be fun. I agree that Facebook conversation for large groups is very difficult.

I am Marsha. Iā€™m 69 years old and I live in Southern California. I read most of the Seth books (through the two volumes of Unknown Reality) many years ago (in the 70ā€™s and probably early 80ā€™s). I found Seth Speaks in a small bookstore, close to my home and I almost didnā€™t purchase it, because of the picture of Jane, on the outside. I thought it looked kind of scary. But, when I picked it up and read the subject matter on the back, I had to have itā€¦and I couldnā€™t stop reading, after that.

I did fall away from all of my seeking, when my family started to grow and I just got busy. But, I also became somewhat disillusioned, because at that young age, I guess I expected instant answers and change in my life. I went kind of ā€œagnosticā€ on everything and left it for a long while. Actually, until just a few years ago. I started reading ā€œThe Nature of Personal Realityā€ again, and then looked for a group on Facebook and found this group. Iā€™ve been mostly a lurker, but contributed in small ways here and there. Facebook is a difficult medium for this.

Iā€™ve recently been studying Abraham, as well, and I am one that believes they are compatible and one in the same. I know, not all Sethians are in agreement over this.

Anyway, very nice to be in this group and I am excited to look around and see what is here. :smile:

3 Likes

Hello Marsha and ditto to all you are telling here. It is much in the same way with me by the study of Sethsā€™ā€¦And I have participated with Ricks online Intensive Courses twice as well as his online Conferences.
I am not participating on Facebook. Once signing up to it but soon to find out it was not meant for meā€¦ Back in the early 1990s to find a website with Intenational groups studying Edgar Cayce called ā€œThe American Sleeping Prophetā€. Later on began to study ACIM ( a course in miracles ) where to find many similarities with The Seth Material.
The Seth Material and Seth Speaks are both translated into the Norwegian Language back in the 1990s. But to me, the translations will NOT (my opinion of course) be the same as to read the Seth Books in their original American/English language. I guess it`ll be the same with all translations of books ? Many a time it is dependent upon the Translator(s) as well as the readers "how to grasp it."
BTW: A Norwegian member of the latest Intensive Online Class by Ricks ā€¦the class is finished now in April/May 2017ā€¦gave me a link to this website Seth Talks ( ST ) and I really liked it ! I am now 71 years old, and resuming my life :smile: LOL, Inger Lise

Hi and thank you.
Iā€™ve decided to register after reading some of the topics and it seemed like a nice community open for good conversations. I enjoy exploring, doing research and experimenting with theories that resonate with me. As someone already mentioned here, to me also it feels good to read Seth books and listen to or watch Abraham-Hicks materials. All taken with appreciation and then experimented with (lived with) to experience how it really resonates in my own current life. Lovely to read about other peopleā€™s experiences on this forum.
Greetings to all,
Toni

2 Likes

Hi to all. Read the Seth material in the 70ā€™s and am doing a re-do now and so Iā€™m here. Original group in 1977 no longer exists.
-Sandy

I finally finally edited this to say what it should. :grin: